Saturday, August 26, 2006

Why I Hate You

August 26, 2006, another beautiful day in paradise. Video game makers, I hate you. Just kidding. You guys have one of the top 25 coolest jobs in the world. I just hate the guy who decided that all the 'test' games and 'scrap' games come out during the summer, when I have the most free time. By 'scrap' games, I mean games like Cars or NHL 07, and by 'test' games I mean games like Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis or Flatout 2. Now RGPTT is a good game, and I'm sure Flatout 2 is OK, but compared to the games that come out during the rest of the year, like Halo 2 or Super Smash Bros: Melee, summer games just can't compete. Luckily, Maddenoliday has passed since my last post, so Merry Maddenoliday. Be happy, because Maddenoliday marks the end of the video game summer. Now good games will slowly start to come out, gaining speed until New Year's Eve, where progress will drop slightly and then plateau until summer, where it will fall again. This is why I like Madden.
While I'm on the topic of video game makers, I just have one more thing to say. Actually I have a lot of bones to pick with the video game industry, but for the makers, just one more complaint for now. Please strive to make your games worth $50 or now $60. When I heard that Diddy Kong Racing cost my parents $40, I was kind of angry, But now I have to fork over $60 for Burnout: Revenge, even though there is a $50 version. Remember game makers: if your game is really good you can sell if for less and still make a profit. Look at Katari Damacy, the best game to cost $20 for any system of its time. Have a nice day.

No comments: